Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Correction on Where I Live....But It's Still Beautiful!

6 April 2009
Dear Family,

It was really good to get an email from each one of you. Just a reminder: I just realized when i was typing the date that today was the day Christ was resurrected and the Church organized.

Today we went up to Kerikeri to do some shopping. Unfortunately, it is not in our area, but even without it, our area is still quite large. We had to get permission to go, so that i could get a better blanket for my bed. Our flat is pretty cold in the morning. We also did a little bit of grocery shopping @ New World (a higher end grocery store).

Tomorrow is Zone Conference. I am really excited for it since it will be in Whangarei. That was where i had my first Zone Conference. It will be good to have a smaller Zone Conference compared to the ones in Auckland and Hamilton.

Our week went pretty well. We didn't have many lessons, but we had more planned than actual, so a couple of people fell through. We taught one of our neighbors last night. It wasn't a bad lesson, but it could of been better. We brought a member who is a convert, Brother John Ripi. We invited him to bear his testimony about the Book of Mormon and also about how the gospel has blessed his family. He shared a very powerful testimony and also made Noelene see how the gospel could bless her family and help her raise her two kids. She will be moving up to Kerikeri in about a weeks time. When we were organizing a time to visit her, she had said that some of her family are already baptized and that she wants to get baptized as well. She is awesome!

We were also able to meet the Bishop in Maromaku ward during the week, Bishop Going (most of Maromaku ward consists of either the Going family or the Horsford family; also, look up Sid Going: he is a famous rugby player who is currently in the stake presidency).

In regards to your question concerning a family trip to New Zealand, right now i would want to do it after i return (that flight is suuuuuper long!). That way I can participate more. I definitely don't want to make it a financial burden for the family. To be honest i haven't put much thought into it all.

One correction I needed to make was this: I don't actually live in Paihia. We live in Kawakawa, which is about a half hour away from Paihia and a half hour from Maromaku. It is definitely one of the most beautiful areas i have served in, but there isn't much shopping here.

Something else i was thinking about was where i would go to school after my mission. I would prefer going to BYU-I, but im not sure what i want to do yet. In regards to the engineering studies at BYU-I, i would only be interested in taking mechanical engineering. I think going into the engineering field would be best, but if that doesnt work then the medical field might be my next option. If you could help me out with this, that would be great. I want to be able to get started ASAP when i return.

Thank you. Can't wait for general conference as well.

Love, Elder Cashmore

No comments:

Post a Comment